ZONING STARTS WITH A PLAN
CLICK HERE FOR A LINK TO THE REYNOLDSBURG COMPREHENSIVE PLAN
In late 2018, under the guidance of the consultants at OHM Advisors, the City of Reynoldsburg adopted the 2018 Comprehensive Plan as its vision for how the city should grow and develop over the next 10 to 20 years.
The Plan identifies five goals for the city's growth:
1. Promote a diverse mix of housing options.
2. Diversify and balance a mix of land use types that creates economic resliency while promoting distinct character.
3. A safe, efficient, and accessible transportation network that includes a range of mobility options.
4. Coordinate future infrastructure investments with anticipated growth and development.
5. Define, grow, and promote the city's image and brand.
The Plan also includes a Future Land Use Plan, which focuses on:
1. Reimaging the East Main Street Corridor;
2. Diversifying the local economy; and
3. Strengthening Olde Reynoldsburg.
The Future Land Use Plan is the basis for the new Reynoldsburg Code.
About the Project:
In late 2018, the City engaged Calfee Zoning, an Ohio-based zoning consultancy to work with the City to craft the Reynoldsburg Code.
The project commenced in December 2018 and is scheduled to be completed in 12-14 months.
A Working Committee and Steering Committee have been formed to provide technical input into the coding process. Each committee will meet regularly during the project.
The Planning Commission and City Council have been updated regularly throughout the project. The City Council adopted the new code on March 23, 2020.